Monday, June 16, 2008

Here we go

So I'm giving this blogging thing a try. I don't know if it's worth using up the few minutes I have when all three kids are either napping or otherwise engaged but I've failed miserably at all other forms of journaling so I might as well give it a whirl. I'm starting out at one of the craziest times of my life. My days seem wildly busy yet when I finally collapse in bed at night I have a hard time thinking of anything I accomplished besides having my kids survive another day. With Ethan and Jo competing to see who can make mom's ear drums burst first and a 3 week old in the corner out screaming the both of them, I think I need a place to record the good stuff more than ever so that I don't look back at these first days of having Ginny in our home and shiver. The blog name comes from the pet names we have for our kids: Ethan Bear, Joanna Bug, and Ginny Pig (although Ethan still insists she should be Ginny Frog). We'll see if I get anywhere beyond this first entry, but if nothing else I can record that Ginny gave me her first all out real smile this morning and it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Sue said...

yea!!! I'm excited to see your blog...we can talk every day, but I learned new things by reading...Ginny smiled! Cute! Keep it up!