Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve: Out with the Old

For the past while I've been keeping a close eye on Ginny's mouth, watching for any sign of her first tooth. It didn't occur to me that there was another mouth in the house that I should have been watching a little closer.
Late in the afternoon on New Years Eve, Ethan came in with a concerned look on his face after playing outside.
"Mom, I fell and bonked my mouth and my teeth are funny now."
That put a concerned look on MY face. Upon examination of the "funny" teeth, we concluded that the two lower front teeth were "very wiggly." Only a few hours later, Ethan lost his first tooth. Literally his first tooth. That was the first one to come in when he was a baby, and now it's the first one to be put in the place of honor underneath the pillow. It's neighbor is acting eager to follow.

Thanks to the big gaps in his teeth, it's kind of hard to tell anything is amiss.

No comments: