Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Program

All the kindergarten classes at Ethan's school put on a Christmas program yesterday. They've been practicing for weeks and we've been hearing bits and pieces of songs around the house. I was really impressed with how many songs those kids had memorized. I also had no idea how many songs there were about Santa.

Marci, Brandon and Rocky were able to come up and watch it with us. When we walked into the gym, the kids were already sitting up on the stage. I loved that Ethan saw all of us show up and just wiggled with excitement.

My favorite was when they sang Silent Night. They sang the first verse and then hummed the melody while they did the first verse in sign language. Silent Night has been my favorite Christmas song since I was in Sonoma Valley Children's Chorale and we learned the whole song in german. To hear it in those sweet voices (and I swear I could pick Ethan out) and then to see it in yet another language. Oooh, I had goosebumps.

Ethan's favorite, the one he's been singing around the house the most, is I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas. I don't know if it's because he likes all the naughty things in the song, or if he secretly wonders it about himself.

No comments: